Monday, November 7, 2011

Sustainability and a Blog? What's the Point?

Well, I have to give some credit to my friend Paul Baier for getting me into this!  I'm no expert at Blogging, but I know how to use a computer and write, so I'm halfway there.

At lunch today, we must have covered 10 topics of corporate sustainability implemetation in less than an hour.  Why not share this with others who are struggling to get their own programs started?  As Paul put it, I guess I've been-there, done that.  I'm also learning every day, and I hope this is a chance to get advice, input or even debate on some topics that are emerging now.

Some key topics that I'll try to touch on--one every few days--are:
  • Where should Sustainability report?
  • Are EHS and Sustainability the same thing?
  • What is the real business case behind being a Sustainable business?
  • What are the 3 required ingredients to a successful program?
  • Where do you start?
  • What did I do wrong, and I'd NEVER do again!
  • Is a Lean business sustainable--or is reducing waste enough to call yourself sustainable?
  • Who are the gurus?  the must-reads, must listen-to, people who have "been there"
  • How can you make a business case for those NPV neutral projects?
  • Conferences and exciting meetings coming up (I'll do this more often--there are so many)
What am I missing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment